know beyond a shadow of a doubt
when you are sure that a fact is true
e.g. We know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he caused the accident.
as far as I know
you believe a fact is true... however there is a possibility that you could be mistaken
e.g. As far as I know, it's a Chinese Restaurant. But you can make a call, it might be a Thai Restaurant.
know by heart
you have memorized something perfectly
e.g. This is my favorite football club. I know all the players by heart!
Homonyms are words that sound similar, but have different meanings.
Steel & Steal
1. Steel - a very strong metal made from iron, used for making knives, machines etc. -> This knife is made from steel.
2. Steal - to secretly take something that does not belong to you, without intending to return it -> Burglars broke into the car and stole a radio.
Sea & See
1. Sea - a large body of water -> I love the sound of see.
2. See - to view -> Yeah, I can see him now!
Fine & Fine & Fine
1. Well, healthy, or happy -> I had a cold last week, but I ...
almost -> if something almost happens, it does not happen but it is very close to happening
e.g. I almost missed the bus.
absolutely -> completely
e.g. The food was absolutely delicious.
awfully -> very
e.g. awfully difficult
badly -> very seriously
e.g. badly injured
barely -> only just
e.g. He was barely alive when they found him.
completely -> in every way or as much as possible
e.g. I completely forgot that you were coming.
decidedly -> undoubtedly, confident way
e.g. That exam was decidedly more difficult than the last one.
deeply -> very much
e.g. I have fallen ...
To be successful in career or life, to make more progress than others.
I work hard every day, but I can't seem to get ahead in my job.
This shop will have to close down if they raise taxes.
To show an idea or proposal to that person and ask for their approval or feedback
Please run those ideas by me again - I didn't hear them all.
To compose the document and put it in written form.
My lawyer will draw up a contract.